Cinemaniac Reviews is hosting a blogathon questionnaire.
Here are the questions and my answers:
2. Least favorite movie?
Scott Pilgrim vs. the World
3. Name one movie you loved upon initial viewing but eventually grew to hate (or vice-versa).
I was initially bored with The Virgin Suicides, but after re-watching it, and reading the book, it grew to be one of my favorite movies. Plus, I’m in love with Kirsten Dunst and Josh Hartnett…so it works.
Janie, today I quit my job. And then I told my boss to go fuck himself, and then I blackmailed him for almost sixty thousand dollars. Pass the asparagus.
— Lester Burnham
Look at your reflection in the mirror. You’re a creature of the night Michael, just like out of a comic book! You’re a vampire Michael! My own brother, a goddamn, shit-sucking vampire. You wait ’till mom finds out, buddy!
“In Stand by Me (1986), I realized that what I was creating was going to live on far longer than anything of me as a person. The characters are more powerful than the person that creates them.”
8. Four films that should NOT have won Best Picture?
Honestly, the only good movie I’ve seen worth mentioning is Beasts of the Southern Wild.
But I also enjoyed…
10. Bottom three of the year (currently)?
12. Is there any film you think is actually desperate for a remake?
No. Remakes are typically disappointing.
13. Name your three favorite film heroes.