Greetings, cinephiles! I’m participating in Mettal Ray’s Movie Alphabet Blogathon. The rules: List your favorite actors, actresses, movies or directors from # to z.
Below the link are my favorite movies # to z.
Here are the rules:
1. Pick one movie that “everyone” loves (the more iconic, the better). That movie must have a score of at least 75% on rottentomatoes.com. Tell us why you hate it.
2. Pick one movie that “everyone” hates (the more notorious, the better). That movie must have a score of less than 35% on rottentomatoes.com. Tell us why you love it.
3. Include the tomato meter scores of both movies.
4. Use one of the banners in this post, or feel free to create your own.
5. Comment on this post, or on KG’s Movie Rants with the two movies you intend on writing on.
6. Publish your post on any day from Monday August 22 through Friday August 26, 2016.
Praise is due when praise is deserved. The only performance that brought me to tears this year–and I’m a big crier–was Dwight Henry in Beasts of the Southern Wild. Henry makes the character of Wink more personal and relatable than the script reads.
Stevee at CinematicParadox is hosting a Blog-a-thon to showcase a film or performance that may not receive recognition this award season. With the Golden Globes being announced Thursday, I hope I’m proven wrong, but I’ll make my case for Dwight Henry hoping he’ll get the nod he deserves.